Stressful mornings? Join the club.
Try these 10 easy Morning Rituals to set yourself up for a calm and easy morning that leads to a fantastic stress free day!
- Wake up Early. (30-45 minutes before the rest of your house) use this time to leisurely wake and enjoy the quiet.
- Drink a mug of warm lemon water. It will immediately cleanse your system and prepare your digestive tract for your upcoming meals.
- Make your bed! Studies show that this simple act can increase your overall since of well being and set the stage for task completion all day! It’s the easiest thing you can do to feel accomplished first thing in the morning!
- Listen to something uplifting. Try music, a podcast, a self help recording or even a guided meditation. Anything to clear and calm your mind before the bombardments of the day.
- Eat breakfast. Even if it’s just a green smoothie or a piece of toast. Make something, sit, And eat! 🙂
- Move. A quick exercise routine can do the trick. Even if it’s just a 5-7 minute stretch session. It will relieve tension and lessen stress.
- Shower and get dressed. Even if your only plans are staying in and being a mom, the act of getting dressed gives us a sense of being ready to tackle the day! And you know when you look good you feel good!
- 5 minutes to reflect and be thankful. This one was huge for me! Spending 5 minutes each morning reminding myself of the reasons I have to be thankful really brings in happiness and sincere gratitude. Pretty hard to be grouchy or snippy with the hubs and kiddos after that 🙂
- Right out your top three. Top three things that you want to accomplish that day. Can be tasks, to do’s, goals, whatever will bring you a since of accomplishment for the day!
- You’re up early! Might as well pack/make your lunch. Whether that means throwing something in the crockpot for later, washing and chopping veggies for easier prep, or packing a healthy lunch to take with you to work, you’ll have a healthy option and can avoid hangry decisions later in the day!
Alright, that’s it! Try Em out! Don’t feel like you have to do all of them, do what makes sense for you and fits into you life and schedule well!